Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekly Miles 3/15 - 3/21

Another positive week. Feeling like I'm regaining some fitness.

Mon- 5m @ Wash Park loop, moderate 7:53 pace. Felt good, good rhythm.

Tue- 7m @ THE TRACK! South High, ran into Adam Feerst of DTR/Run Uphill Racing doing 30 400's for his birthday. Fun stuff. I did 10 400's (what a wuss!) at 1:29, 1:29, 1:28, 1:29, 1:28, 1:28, 1:26, 1:31, 1:27, 1:27, 1:26, 1:21. This was my first legit speedwork in about a year. Felt pretty good actually, probably could have done more, but a good start.

Wed- 6m @ Runner's Roost, Nice St. Patty's fun run. Took Xavier and ran with super impressive currently pregnant Bridgette who was pushing her daughter Sarah (the Jogging Stroller is a good way to meet other parents). Nice pace for the stroller 7:50/m and had a lot of fun. The best part was the creamy pint of Guinness afterwards! These will be a bit more of a staple, though I've promised myself and Leila I'll make it out for one of the DTR evening trail runs.

Thu- 5m @WP loop, slow, horrible energy, almost fell asleep. It was late and I had been up doing homework, probably should have skipped the workout, but I did feel a little better at the end.

Fri- Off, unplanned but stuff just kept coming up and I never had a chance to get out, conditions were terrible so I'm not sure it would have done much good with a foot of wet snow on the roads.

Sat- 10m @ WP CC Trail out and back to the Civic Center marker. Good pace 7:58/m. Would have preferred the trail but the 14-22 inches of snow kept me away. Save my time away from family for a more exciting adventure, like a CRUD run, I'm just about back in that shape!

Sun- 16m @ Harvard Gulch, Platte River Trail, 19th, Cherry Creek Trail, WP and home. Shouldn't have run as far or as fast yesterday, but I made it through. 8:25/m which was the plan, but it was harder than I expected. This run made me realize why I hate running on pavement. My legs took a beating, but the day was gorgeous. Shirtless running is the greatest thing ever.

Total: 49 miles. Good base starting to come around. Next week should be similar, bit longer long run.

No comments: