Wednesday, September 1, 2010

August by the book

Not sure what to think about the summer, I feel like it was just here. However, it was nice and crisp when I stepped out the door this morning, signalling to me the first hints of fall.

By the book, I show 297 miles for the month with 9 days off. 13.5 miles per day of running or 9.5 per day. My biggest month ever, guess I should figure out that I am still in shape. The legs are super sore today and I'm thinking I'll take one more day off and then begin the sharpening process... If I do run today, it'll just be cruising around easy.

As I Look at the below picture from Thomas Reiss' blog


I think to myself... holy &*#$! This is of course Hope Pass outbound, about mile 40 of the LT100. All you have to do is run over that, turn around, come back over, then run 40 more miles... What??? I know I did half of it, but it still blows my mind.

I'm certain that one of these days I'll completely lose it and sign up and do this thing, but I'm not sure if it will be next year. What I am thinking of seriously is Miwok if I can get in. Proximity to my family and so forth is really nice, and my fam has never seen me race. That may be my chance to tackle a new distance before child #2, but we'll see what happens there.

I'm really looking forward to spending time up in Steamboat with Rachel, Xavier, Jon, and Woody & Co. We'll all be in the nice little cabins of Steamboat campground and as has been said, I fall into the line of Fall=Best and there really is no place like Steamboat in the fall. Hopefully we'll be in for perfect weather like last year, but I think I'm due for a slugfest with 'ma nature...

No comments: