Monday, November 23, 2009

Gaining Traction

Over the past week I've been out logging consistent if not short milage in the quest to regain fitness and endurance. Mostly I've been in the realm of 5-7 miles with moderate to harder intensity.

This is what I've realized so far. While training to recover from injury, I need to be extra focused on how hard I'm pushing my body. Perhaps I should work on gaining milage rather than pounding out fast mile after fast mile. My knee was a bit sore after my 58 minute 8 miler yesterday (fast for me) so I've decided to let my longer runs or those of 7+ be slower than my adrenaline is telling me.

So, for now, I'm going to enjoy a bit of time to myself and get a few trail runs in before I go down to join the Fam in TX on Wednesday.

Happy Thanksgiving All...

No comments: