Monday, October 5, 2009

Eeahhh, Well, that's that I guess...

Things come up and you deal with them. The weekend and past week were intermittently filled with not so joyous and joyous occasions.

First, the bad: I've developed a bit of ITBS (Itiolabial band syndrome [spelling?]) which means I've got a sore left knee, and have been taking it easy on the leg (little to no running) and makes me wonder how it'll hold up a week from this coming Sunday at DM. Then, Liverpool lost to Chelsea which put me in a bad mood, and THEN the Chargers lost on Sunday Night Football to the Steelers. Although they did make a valiant comeback after playing horrible all game.

Otherwise, the weekend was nice. We had people over on Friday night for Tortilla Soup. I had a nice run on Saturday morning with Keith and Gunner. We took it nice and slow, and my knee felt decent but not good, leading to my decision to give it some more time. I hope it feels good come race day. I got to hang out with Xavier all day on Sunday, and that was fun. Went to the park and Target to get him some winter pants. All in all it was a good day (minus all of my sports teams losing).

For the weekly total, I made it all of 15 miles, felt poor the first two runs of 5 and 3 miles, but better the 7 miler after a few days off. I'll continue that, do some stretching and rolling while taking Ibuprofen to reduce some swelling (not much at all, but just to get it all). So the best thing to do is rest up and not worry too much about it I guess.


***late addition***
I forgot to mention that Keith shall be hence be known as my elite ultrarunner paced short distance runner friend. Sorry Keith, I will not make the mistake again...

1 comment:

Keith B. Ives said...

Thanks for draggin me along PJ. I had a great time & felt good all weekend for it. Any time you are injured and need a short-distance Ultr-Marathon paced running partner let me know!