Thursday, June 28, 2012

My Crew Chief

One of my best friends, and my Leadville crew chief, is running one of the Red Cross shelters for the Waldo fire.  He was interviewed for KOAA.  Keith is an evacuee himself (Vindicator and Centennial), and dropped  everything to run this shelter.  As proof that evacuees don't have time to grab everything, Keith didn't even have time to get his insane mop cut...



I've been impressed with the running community's response to the fires (High Park, Waldo, Flagstaff), and my inbox has been crammed with offers from runners offering their homes and resources to anyone in need.  We gave (a small amount) to the Red Cross, and encourage others to do the same.  While prayer and good thoughts are great things, the willingness to act and the extension of tangible help are the most important things right now.

No comments: