Monday, December 14, 2009

Mid-December

Well, last Thursday I developed some sharp pain in my left knee. Pretty frustrating how this is unfolding but I'm taking some more time, about a week, to let that dissapate.

Otherwise the week was fun, capped by a nice little run at Flying J with ERC. It was good to see Leila, Jon, Mary, Roy and the others out in the surprisingly warm weather. Conditions on the trail were idyllic minus the frozen creek which reminded me why I never go ice-skating. I'm not sure what's better, half an inch of fine powder or half an inch of pine needles, either way, it was soft and beautiful.

My knee felt really sore initially, felt good, and slowly drew back the sharp pain near the end of the run. It really has been killing me not being able to get out for a long run or run hard without pain or worrying I might re-aggrivate the IT Band. I hope that after this is all over and I'm healthy I can look back and not take my running health for granted.

In about 10 days my parents will be out for Christmas and I'm holding out hope for snow. Merry Christmas World...

No comments: