Thursday, May 2, 2013

April 2013

Data:
361 Miles
+51,876' Vertical
58 Hours
3 Days off
Two big days:
Cedro Peak
R2R2R

Justin exchanged some good advice and insight into my training deluge post Cedro Peak that I probably was choosing to overlook.  The basic premise revolves around expectation and goal setting.  This month was deliberate in its purpose and the purpose is preparation for Bighorn, plain and simple.  I missed my arbitrary goals, but not in a significant way, and I had 3 days off.  The days off were necessary and unavoidable (12 hours in a car two days to and from GC, day post CP).  I've since done some tempo work, nothing special, about and not real tempo either, but rather more in the line of what I'll need for longer ultras.  I've taken it easy since the GC trip to let my body recover, and I'm just now feeling like my legs are responding.  However, I need to take it easy still this weekend and into next week to hopefully have some pop at Quad Rock.  Talking with Scott at the PI shoot, I mentioned that I'd like to be somewhere in the 8:30-9:00 range, which would be a good honest effort, but not something that would lay me out.  Obviously the real question is going to be weather, as there is a legitimate chance it could be 80*F, or it could snow...

Last weekend was good times hanging out at the Cheyenne Mountain 25/50K.  Wifey was top-10 in the 25K and JT managed to break 10 hours.  Both impressive.

2 comments:

Hogback Trail Racing said...

I hear 8:45:54 is the time to beat! Pre-old man time. Over/under bet?

Running Sat? Thinking the hills in the backyard.

-Todd

trudginalong said...

How far? I'm sticking to 15ish, don't want to overdo it this weekend. If it's hot, I'm not taking the bet!