Monday, April 1, 2013

March 2013

March was a pretty solid month for me, even if the long run efforts left something to be desired.  I was happy with my race at Salida given that I knocked off almost 20 minutes from 2012.  I know I've got time in me for that race, especially since I essentially ran the same race to the halfway point both years.  The shorter races definitely take a different mindset that I simply haven't mastered, and the ability to go hard from the off.

In terms of pure training, I was happy with my totals.  I hit my goal of 350 miles and 60K of vert (369.24 +60,054) and it wraps up my biggest month of vertical ever.  In April I've set my sights on pushing out the miles to 400 and the vert to 65K.  We'll see about that, but I've got a few big runs coming up to test me for sure.  First up is the Cedro Peark 45M in 2 weeks and R2R2R the following week.  I want to crank it at Cedro and hang on for the next weekend.  Hopefully I'll be able to keep the wheels turning into May and be able to race solidly at Quad Rock before tapering for Bighorn.

Lastly, there's a fun video put together from the Orcas Island 50K back in February.  I'm in it a handful of times, but you can follow a few tired strides of mine about 3:20 in or so.  Definitely worth a watch, really shows some of the beauty of the island.

Orcas Island 50k - 2013 from Project Talaria on Vimeo.

4 comments:

GZ said...

If you are in the ditch on 4/20 I think that is when JV is doing it.

trudginalong said...

I'll be sure to give him five as he goes flying by. I'm going with Todd, Donnie, an Jeremiah. We're on the fun long run tour rather than the speed demon tour!

GZ said...

Impressive month by the way.

Jaime said...

Way impressive slacker! Nice video too!